"LET'S GET BLOGGING"
Creating and Maintaining a Safe Space On-line
***When responding to other posts, consider using the following openers as a guide -
* I noticed.....
* I liked.....
* I wonder.....
* What if.....
* How might.....
TOP 10 STRATEGIES FOR CREATING AND MAINTAINING A SAFE BLOGGING SPACE
1. Use others' names when addressing them directly.
2. Read questions and prior conversations carefully before responding.
3. Compliment your peers- use the five guides above as openers.
4. Ask questions - it's always encouraged to spur a conversation on by adding your own question to what's been said.
5. Be considerate- keep your language direct and respectful.
6. Avoid slang, jargon, and sarcasm at all times.
7. Listen to all ideas presented- a variety of perspectives adds depth to a conversation.
8. Stay open-minded- if you expect others to respect your comments and ideas- you must do the same for them.
9. Courteously answer all questions addressed directly to you.
10. Avoid emotional punctuation, such as exclamation points unless it's a compliment, and all caps- it's interpreted as yelling.