Monday, March 17, 2014

CHALLENGE 3-

"What's in a Picture?"
3/17-3/30 


Directions:  Challenge 3 will be a 2-week challenge.  
1.  Choose one of the pictures below as your image and copy/paste the image to your post as the header of your story. 

2.  Next, choose one of the "Story Sparkers," which you think could spark a story based on this image.  

3.  Write a short story about your chosen image using your "Story Sparker" line as the opening sentence in your short story.   You decide which picture and which story starter you want to match together- BE CREATIVE!!!!

4.  There is no length requirement.

5.  Be creative!  Make sure your story has a beginning, middle, and end.  

6.  Finally, ask your readers to get involved in your story.   Examples:  Maybe you could ask for alternate endings from readers; maybe you include a quiz;  you might include a poll; perhaps you could ask readers to write the beginning of a sequel?.........  Use your imagination.  Get your readers involved in your story!!!!


** CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING "STORY SPARKER" LINES TO BEGIN YOUR STORY.

1.  We heard a noise and ran to the tree.  There we saw.............
2.  I tried to keep it a secret, but.....
3.  When Mom sent me out to the garden, I never expected............
4.  We watched the man approach and we wondered.........
5.  The children sat patiently on the porch, waiting for..........
6.  In only a split second.........
7.  "I sure was lucky," said...............
8.  As I whirled around, I felt........
9.  My chance had finally come to...........
10.  When I opened my eyes, I ..............
11.  I knew I could win if........
12.  Just as everything was going well...........
13.  How did I ever get myself into this.........
14.  I didn't actually feel scared until I saw.........
15.  Even though the sign said "Slippery Road," I........

** CHOOSE ONE OF THE IMAGES AS THE BASIS OF YOUR STORY.  MAKE SURE TO COPY/PASTE THE PICTURE ON YOUR POST AS THE HEADER OF YOUR STORY.














** All images are Creative Commons images uploaded from Morguefile.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Follow by Email